The UGPN Research Collaboration Fund (RCF) has been an integral part of the network since its inception. To date the annual fund of US$ 180,000 has supported 33 research projects, covering a range of topics including carbon economies, bio-nano interfaces, genes and behaviour, international trade, visitor impacts and mathematical modelling.
In September 2015 the University of Wollongong joined the UGPN, expanding the network and adding to the investment made by all Partners to the Research Fund. The fifth call for RCF Funding accepted proposals involving collaborative activities across all four Partners, as well as trilateral and bilateral collaborations. In total eight projects were selected to receive funding. Please find below a list of the projects awarded in July 2016:
1. Inflammation, advancing age and nutrition (Quadrilateral)
2. Advanced Sodium-Ion batteries (Bi-lateral, NCSU-UOW)
3. Integration of in-vitro and in-silico models for non-animal skin research (Bilateral, Surrey-USP)
4. Next generation environmental sensing for local to global scale health impact assessment (Quadrilateral)
5. Novel anti-biofilm agents in the fight against multi-drug resistant bacterial pathogens (Trilateral, NCSU-Surrey-UOW)
6. International alliance for Population, Wellbeing and Environment research (Bilateral, NCSU-UOW)
7. Hexagonal boron nitride nanosheets for advanced nanoscale electronics and radiation shielding (Trilateral, NCSU-UOW-Surrey)
8. Whither youth crime (Bilateral, Surrey-USP)
Further details on active projects can be found via the submenu on the left.
A list of previously funded RCF projects (2012-2015), including their main objectives and outcomes, can be found in the UGPN Research Collaboration Fund booklet.