UGPN Collaborative Fund Awards 2014
Friday 11 July 2014
UGPN Research Collaboration Fund Awards
The University Global Partnership Network (UGPN) is pleased to announce the results of the third Call for Proposals to the UGPN Research Collaboration Fund. Following review from the UGPN Executive Committee, the following five projects have been selected for funding.
- ‘Rule of Law’ Dr Griffin (NCSU) and the University of Sao Paulo
- ‘Emissions and Role of Fine Aerosol Particles in Formation of Clouds and Precipitation (Erain)- A demonstration study for the megacity, Sao Paulo’ Dr Prashant Kumar (Surrey) and Professor Maria de Fatima Andrade (USP)
- ‘Comparison of Air Pollution in Transportation Environments’ Dr Frey (NCSU) and Dr Prashant Kumar (Surrey)
- ‘Structural Evolution of Ferroelectric Films’ Professor Robert Dorey (Surrey) and Dr Dickey (NCSU)
- ‘Modelling combustion noise spectrum for lean-burn engines’ Dr Yu Liu (Surrey) and Dr Echekki (NCSU)
The intention is that these awards go beyond pump-priming to support substantive engagement that leads to high quality outputs, such as joint papers or joint research bids. We are very pleased to see such high quality proposals and look forward to the fruitful collaboration enabled by these awards. Congratulations to all staff involved!